6 WAYS TO BOOST RADIANCE AT HOME
1. Start with a low-lather, oil-based cleanser. Best Bets: Cetaphil,
Kinerase, B Kamins, Dr, Hauschka Cleansing Milk, Burt's Bees, Avalon
Organics, or Sonya Dakar Grapefruit Wash.
To pump up the luster factor, exfoliate three times per week.
Exfoliation maximizes product penetration, encourages cellular turnover
and can ward off melasma.
3. You may not be knocking them back these days, but customizing a
“cocktail” (beauty parlance for layering a variety of gentle but active
products on the face for increased efficacy) of products for the face
and "décolleté” is integral to great skin. Also, moisturizing throughout
the day (over makeup) keeps skin moist.
4. Invest in an antioxidant-rich eye cream and a creamy
moisturizer. Again, think about the fetus: You need to supplement
moisture-boosting elements to help your skin's ability to stay hydrated.
Key ingredients to look for are peptides, caffeine, hyaluronic acid and
omegas 3, 6 and 9.
5. Toss on a nourishing mask while chilling out in the tub. Essential oil
extracts and vitamins will further boost hydration and plump the skin’s
6. Whether you live in Miami or Anchorage, sunblock is key. Sun exposure
at any time of the year encourages hyperpigmentation for women of all
ethnicities which is very difficult to eradicate post-delivery. Look
for brands with UVA and UVB protection that contain titanium dioxide